Oysters and Cocktail Sauce. Shellfish Season is Upon Us!
I loooovvveee fresh oysters.
The variety, the different flavors, the history.
The only thing I don’t love about them are shucking them.
Oysters are like women.
(Angry women unfriending my Facebook page in 3..2..1)
They are sensual,beautiful, and totally worth the effort.
They are unique, stand out in a crowd and are desired by many.
They also may be difficult and unforgiving at times.
And yup, You may walk away with a few scars at the end of the day..but still it’s worth it.
Shucking an oyster is something that must practiced with care. It’s takes time to be a pro, so don’t rush it….or that beautiful, significant other will be rushing you to the ER, because you rushed that shucking knife into the palm of your hand. Or will she….
Now shuck on!
- 1 (36 ounce) bottle ketchup. The good stuff.
- 3 tablespoons Peter Luger steak sauce ( or other high quality sauce)
- 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ( freshly cracked)
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, cover and refrigerate for, ideally, an hour before serving so that all of the flavors and mix perfectly together.