The Only Way to Eat Guacamole on Halloween.
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.
The temperature starts to drop, the leaves turn beautiful colors and the neighborhood kid’s are running around with candy bags so heavy that they can barely lift them. And then there are the parties.
It’s hard to eat healthy when you are surrounded by so many delicious foods and treats but if you don’t want to scream like a kid running into a witch when you step on that scale ,well, you find a way to incorporate some healthy options into your party hopping.
A fellow foodie and fan of Facebook.com/TheFoodULove instant messaged me this awesome article from a long time ago and I don’t think there is a day that could be more appropriate day Halloween to enjoy this ghoulish delight.
The recipe is from Boris Karloff.
Yup, the English actor that played Frankenstein.
The same Frankenstein that gave me nightmares for a week straight every time I stayed up late to watch the classic.
This recipe is more of a treat than a trick, for sure.
It’s fun to make so if you have kids, get them involved.
If you don’t have kids you can still have fun playing with your food and nobody has to know.
Have a great Halloween and remember……
Spread the Love!
Like me at…..
and on Instagram @ thefooduluv
- 4- Avocados
- 1 -Tomato- Chopped Finely
- 1-Small Onion-Minced
- 1-Small Can Green Chiles-Chopped
- 1/2 Lime Juice
- 2-Tsp Sherry
- Dash Cayenne, Salt and Pepper
- -Peel and Mash Avocados
- -Add tomatoes, onion and chilies then stir in lemon juice, sherry and seasonings to taste, blending well.
- -For the Frankenstein face: Just build up the face as if you are playing with clay.
- -Cover with foil and refrigerate.
- -Most Important: Have fun.
- Important: You really should use ripe, Hass avocados.