Classic Hot Toddy.
January 11th is National Hot Toddy Day!
What does this mean for you?
You have a legit excuse to go out and have a drink! That’s a good enough reason for me!
The job of the Hot Toddy is to warm you up and cure what ails you.
Scratchy throat? Yup, Hot Toddy.
Can’t sleep? Yup, Hot Toddy.
Fever? Yup, Hot Toddy.
Need to chill out? Yup, Yup, Hot Toddy.
Now do you get it?
I have fond memories of being a kid with a fever and having my mom make me one of these every time.
I guess they worked because the only thing I ever remember was waking up the next morning feeling pretty darn good and now being an adult who really loves Irish whiskey.
Hey Mom, thanks for the drinking problem.
Anyway, drink responsibly and enjoy a hot toddy by the fire, with a loved one on the couch or ask for one at your favorite pub.
Happy National Hot Toddy Day!
Like me at…..
Twitter: FoodULuv and NYFoodCritic
and on Instagram #thefooduluv
- 1-Enough boiling water to fill a mug.
- 2- 3 Cloves.
- 3- Lemon Twist.
- 4- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar.
- 5- 2 ounces of Irish Whisky or Bourbon.
- 6- 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice.
- Choose a clear mug (if possible) and fill it with boiling water. (to heat the mug)
- Put the cloves into the lemon and place it aside.
- Empty the mug and fill about halfway with fresh boiling water.
- Add the sugar and stir it to dissolve.
- Add the clove filled lemon twist and stir some more.
- Add the whiskey, lemon juice and stir some more.
- DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.
- ** Add some honey if you have a sore throat.** Perfect!