Snacks Worth Watching Football For. Half-Time Shrimp.
I originally posted a version of this recipe a few years ago and received rave reviews about it, so I wanted to post it again.
I was not the perfectionist with the pictures and stories as I am now, but the recipe is really worth sharing.
I hope you enjoy.
Did someone say Football?
That’s right kid’s. The Super Bowl is right around the corner and to me that means food.
“Don’t you mean football?”….
Nope…I’m not a huge football fan ..but I do love food….so on with the show.
So enjoy the 4 F’s this weekend.
Your friends, family, football and food.
Let me know what ya think!
Psst…show me some love.
Spread the Love!
Like me at…..
Twitter: FoodULuv and NYFoodCritic
and on Instagram #thefooduluv
- 1 lb large shrimp-shelled, de-veined and butterflied
- 1.5 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup white all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay seasonings
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs-beaten
- 1 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 clove garlic very thinly sliced
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup mayo (only Hellmann’s…trust me)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 lb bleu cheese (crumbled)
- Run the shrimp under cold water then pat them dry with paper towels and set aside.
- In a bowl beat 2 eggs and in a large plate pour out flour and mix in the onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Dip shrimp into egg mixture, let excess egg drip off, and then into flour and put on a seperate plate as the oil heats.
- Heat oil in pan to about 350 degrees. Hot enough that when you drop a little water in it it crackles. Arrange shrimp in pan and cook for about 1 min on each side. When shrimp are golden brown take out and dry on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a skillet melt butter and pour in Hot Sauce, 1 tsp white vinegar, garlic and butter. Let these awesome ingredients flow together, and toss in the shrimp. Take off heat and make sure they are full of this delicious Hot Sauce.
- In a large bowl combine mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, onion powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper. Blend smooth. Then fold in the bleu crumbled bleu cheese. Cover and set asside in fridge for 30-45 min.
- Serve over a bed of nice organic greens and side of carrots and celery. Top with a generous portion of bleu cheese dressing and garnish with a few hot cherry pepper slices and drizzle remaining sauce over greens.