Homemade Boursin Cheese.
I’m going to have to get a more powerful computer and hire one of those Geek Squad guys to maintain this website for a little bit because once you guys try this…..if you can take your hand off the crackers, the emails are going to blow up my servers.
If you are like the many that feel that food is Love, then my homemade boursin-like herbed cheese spread is similar to your biggest crush.
The best relationship that you ever had.
Your first kiss.
That episode of the Brady Bunch when Bobby Brady kissed that girl from Little House and saw fire works.
Ok, that may be taking things a little far, but many people think it’s awesome.
Don’t take my word for it. Listen to a few reviews from just a handful of people whom I’ve made this for.
Debbie : ” Darn, this really is great and dare I say…even better than the store bought?”
Rich: ” I’m gonna just have a little taste. Ok, I can’t stop…it’s like crack.”
Lindsey: “I made this recently and it was delicious. It goes great on chicken too.”
My mom: ” How come you couldn’t make anything but Hot Pockets when you lived at home?”
I remember the first time I ever had Boursin. I was at a party in Boston and what appeared to be some generic spread next to the obligatory onion dip and pretzel nuggets turned out to be one of the most important players on my appetizer plates to date.
I always have a nice sized bowl of this in the center of a large tray of various types of water crackers.
Besides being wonderful on crackers and used as dip for fresh veggies, this cheese is a wonderful replacement for mayo or other condiments on turkey sandwiches, a compliment to grilled chicken or even added to a cream based soup.
I hope you like it as much I love sharing it with you.
Let me know what you think and don’t forget to share the love!
and on Instagram @ thefooduluv
- 1 8 ounce container of whipped butter
- 1 lb cream cheese, (2 8 oz. bars)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Leave butter and cream cheese out in a cool place, like your counter so that it gets close to room temperature.
- Put the butter and cream cheese into a food processor.
- Add the seasonings and process until completely smoothly blended.
- Empty cheese mixture in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with a nice, simple water cracker.
- - This mixture is so Heavenly....people will have to pry it away from your hands.
- - If someone takes your boursin away from you...there is a good chance 911 is going to be called.
- - If you left the bowl unattended and the dog ate it....you would be at the shelter looking for a new dog in the morning
- -If Superman ate this...he would become powerless.
- It's just that good.