Let me be perfectly upfront with you.
This is going to be one of the best things that you have ever tasted in your life.
I know this sounds a little over the top for a simple “dip”…but trust me, it’s so much more than just a dip.
Imagine being in the middle of a tornado, ok?
Now, imagine that tornado being made of cheese sauce..but not your average cheese sauce, but, The Ultimate Cheese Sauce.
Well, there is beer in it and there are 6 bottles to a 6 pack and the recipe does call for beer so as I was perfecting the recipe I had to regulate the amount of alcohol vs cheese ratio numerous times and by default…
Let’s just say I had to call a cab to get me home from the test kitchen but the good thing is…
I created your new favorite food item.
Your go to party dip..
The Sunday football invite guarantee.
It’s warm, sweet, tangy and seriously delicious.
Give it a try and let me know how you like it.
Spread the Love!
Like me at…..
and on Instagram @ thefooduluv
- 4 Tbsp salted butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup beer (use a quality lager. Not Budweiser)
- 1 tbsp tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp chopped parsley (for garnish)
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, slowly melt the better.
- Once the butter is melted, whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Remove pan from the stove and whisk in 1/3 of the milk until it's smooth.
- Then whisk in another 1/3 of the milk slowly.
- Now add in the remainder of the milk and continue to whisk until it's smooth.
- Stir in the beer, tabasco, dijon, onion powder, cayenne and salt.
- Bring the pan back to a medium heat and stir until the sauce is smooth and thick.( 2 min)
- take off heat.
- Whisk in cheese a little at a time and make sure it is melting nicely before adding more cheese.
- The reason why I break the milk amounts into thirds is to make sure that the sauce is smooth and all bits of flour are dissolved.
I love fried seafood.
Fried clams, oysters, even fried lobster…but my all time favorite is fried shrimp.
For shrimp, I like coconut shrimp, shrimp parmigiana, buffalo shrimp, but my favorite go to recipe when I am in the mood to fry…a nice crispy shrimp that will be so addicting, you can stop eating them.
Did you ever open a bag of chips or cookies in the car after the supermarket run and say to yourself,
“I’m just going to have one…perhaps two..tops, but that is it.”
By the time you pull into the driveway your shirt is full of crumbs and there’s an empty bag or container on the passenger seat.
Yup, we’ve all been there…only the strong ones will admit it. 🙂
That, in the nutshell, or shall I say, In the shrimp shell…is exactly how this shrimp will be to you.