Spring has sprung.
Birds are singing their anthems…
The flowers are sweet and fragrant…
The sun is shining bright early in the morning…
The landscapers are in the backyard at 7 am waving their leaf blowers around like light sabers..
And the pollen count is already high….
But, that also means that farm stand fruits and veggies are on the menu, fresh seafood is at the market and we’re cooking outside more often, so get ready for a marinade that will not only be synonymous with the nice weather but will also be known as your favorite go-to recipe.
Enter: The Only Marinade You Will Ever Need.
It really doesn’t get any easier than this.
Freshly squeezed lemon juice, a high quality olive oil, a fragrant selection of dry and fresh herbs make this marinade the flavor of warm weather.
The zesty lemon, rich oil and delicious herbs compliment almost anything that you marinate, baste and brush this on.
Check out the recipe below in the Recipe Card section!
Spread the Love!
and on Instagram #thefooduluv
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic-about 2-3 large cloves
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, from one lemon
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together lemon juice, oregano, parsley, dill, garlic, tablespoon salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and lemon zest in a large bowl and add oil in a slow stream, whisking while you pour.
- Perfect for chicken, seafood, meat or your favorite fresh veggies.